Thursday, July 28, 2016

Star Trek Beyond





In Star Trek Beyond, the Enterprise is attacked and forced to crash-land on a mysterious planet.  Their attacker, Krall, needs an ancient artifact that is on the damaged starship.  The Enterprise crew is left stranded and must battle an alien race while trying to escape from a hostile world.

I don’t consider myself a Trekkie, but I enjoy the Star Trek franchise.  Of course I like the original series, and I like Star Trek:  The Next Generation and Star Trek:  Enterprise (ENT is my favorite).  I’m honestly not very familiar with Deep Space Nine or Voyager.  The latest movie installment is good.  The interaction between Kirk (Chris Pine), Spock (Zachary Quinto) and Bones (Karl Urban) is funny.  The dialogue between Spock and Bones is especially amusing, and the rest of the cast does a good job with their roles.

Overall Star Trek Beyond is an entertaining movie with a lot of action, and it’s good to see the crew work together to figure out how to get out of their predicament. 


No comments: