Saturday, November 16, 2013

Emergency!




I got the images from Wikipedia.

One of my favorite shows when I was a kid was Emergency! The storylines centered on the beginning of the paramedic program in the 1970s and followed the adventures of Station 51. There was a good combination of drama (the sometimes scary rescues and scenes at the hospital) and comedy (the amusing and sometimes silly banter between the men at Station 51-Especially Chet and Johnny).




EMS has come a long way since Emergency was on the air. Admittedly some of the situations/dialogue/equipment, etc. are dated now, although for the time it was pretty accurate. I'm working my way through the show on Netflix and it's bringing back some good childhood memories.


I liked the whole cast, but my favorite character was Johnny Gage, charmingly portray by Randy Mantooth. He and Kevin Tighe (Roy Desoto) had good chemistry as partners. Roy's somewhat more serious character brought balance to Johnny's more carefree, no strings on me character.





No comments: