Wednesday, December 2, 2020

Freeform Beginnings

 


Pat Vogt is an agent with the Bureau of Investigation of Unidentified Flying Objects (B.I.U.F.O.) who resigns and becomes a P.I. after an investigation of what is believed to be an alien spaceship goes wrong. Allan Pritchard is a vet who discovers a dog has been impregnated by larvae that can change shape. They work together to stop aliens from taking over society.


I haven't read that many books about alien invasions, so I wasn't sure what to think at first. However, I did enjoy the story. The writing is good, the plot is engaging, and I like the interaction between Pat and Allan. There is some adult language and content, but it isn't excessive or graphic and does fit with the story. This isn't a book for young children though.

 

It does seem the assumption is that aliens want to take over everything. I do understand there has to be conflict and an antagonist, but it would be different to read a story where the aliens aren't the bad guys (something like E.T., although it has been awhile since I've seen that movie).

 

I am curious about what happens to Pat and Allan and will read the rest of the series when I can.


No comments: