Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Disney Movies

I watched several Disney movies released in 2016 on Netflix recently, and for the most part I enjoyed them.




Finding Dory has some amusing moments, and I like the interaction between the characters, but Finding Nemo is superior.  I don’t care about seeing Finding Dory again.



I like the remake of Pete’s Dragon, although as is usually the case I prefer the original.  Live action remakes usually won’t measure up to the animated original.  The movie was filmed in New Zealand, and the scenery is gorgeous. The beautiful setting alone makes Pete’s Dragon worth seeing.  The interaction between Pete (Oakes Fegley) and the dragon is well-done, as are the performances of Robert Redford as Meacham and Bryce Dallas Howard as Grace.  The message (don’t ruin the environment and don’t exploit living creatures) is good, but there is nothing new or outstanding here.   This movie isn’t one I’d be interested in watching more than once.




The Jungle Book retells the familiar story of the man-cub Mowgli (Neel Sethi) who is raised in the jungle by a pack of wolves.  The visual effects are very well done, and I like the interaction between the characters, specifically Mowgli (Neel Sethi), Bagheera (voice of Ben Kingsley) and Baloo (voice of Bill Murray and an excellent choice for the character).  However, the Disney animated film is superior. Although I did like this film, The Jungle Book isn’t a movie I’d care about seeing more than once. 

No comments: